Open eShop is now better than ever as a full solution to sell any digital good online, we’ve been working really hard on this release and now there are many significant improvements.
Before we go over what changed we would like to announce that Open eShop is now available at Envato market and will be sold there with a fixed price of $50 that will include all themes and all features, you can check Open eShop at Envato codecanyon for more information.
Once you get the latest version of Open eShop your online store will be compliant with the new EU VAT regulation, and it will automatically calculate the taxes and add them to your product price when you activate it, so you shouldn’t worry about this because the software does it for you
We improved the translation panel a lot, now you can change any text or translate faster and more efficiently without facing any issue. This took a lot of work since the whole translation system had to be worked on.
Many more improvements, fixes and changes have been done which you can see at our Github repository.
How to update?
Really important that you do not execute the automatic update from your OE admin panel since it won’t work! read these instructions carefully.
If you can’t update your site we offer the update service for $50.
Please follow the instructions carefully to prevent from getting into any errors.
- Make a backup of all your files and DB (recommended)
- Log in at your OE admin panel
- Activate the default theme if you had a premium theme
- Download latest 1.7.0 and extract the files in its folder
- Enable maintenance mode
- Open your FTP or your website file manager
- Delete all files in your website folder except for the following:
- and /themes/ if you had a custom theme.
- Now upload to your folder all files we extracted earlier except for the files we mentioned in the previous step and the “/install” folder
- Run in your browser http://yourdomain.com/oc-panel/update/database?from_version=1.1
If you are running a version of OE older than 1.4 you will get this message after updating:
Fatal error: Class ‘Database_Mysql’ not found , to fix it follow this short guide.
Then execute at your browser again: http://yourdomain.com/oc-panel/update/database?from_version=1.1
If you accidentally have clicked on update, please follow the manual update instructions.